Are you preparing for summer trips? If you’re like me, you probably like to have your beauty products on hand at all times. I’m not trying to pack my whole bathroom for the holiday, because I like to be as carefree and free as possible.
I learned to reduce the size of my makeup and beauty bag by choosing travel versions of my favorite products. This saves space in my luggage for extra clothes, as they can go into my hand luggage. For my trip to Hawaii last month, my entire cosmetic bag, from skincare to makeup to hair, consisted of travel products.
On my return trip to France last summer, I accidentally put my organic lotion search P50 in my hand luggage. Although there were less than 3.5 ounces of liquid in the large bottle, the French authorities confiscated my valuable product. Since then, I have been diligently packing and opting for products the size of a pint in my luggage.
These skincare products rotate daily when I’m at home in Brooklyn, so it makes sense that I bring them to make my skin look its best.
– Bioderma Sensibio H20: I have driven more bottles than I can count. I use it to gently remove makeup.
– Sephora Cleansing and Exfoliating Wipes: I have these face wipes on hand to clean my face before double cleansing or when I am too tired to remove my makeup and do not want to risk soiling the hotel’s white linens.
– Jet lag mask on Summer Fridays: I finally tried the much-noticed jet lag mask and am now a big fan. I use this mask on the plane to keep my skin hydrated. I also like to use it as a sleep mask during my vacation to keep my skin supple and hydrated overnight.
– Fresh Soy Facial Cleanser: I love fresh products and as much as I love your fruit mask, this soy facial cleanser is my must-have. It has a lot of slip and makes me feel like 6
– Foreo Luna Mini 2: I have had the Foreo Luna regular for over two years now and I love the fact that it has silicone bristles that do not need to be replaced again and that a powered process takes about six months. The mini version is compact and fits in the smallest makeup bag.
– The Creme de la Mer: This moisturizer, the Holy Grail has saved me, the skin, all winter. The 0.5-ounce jar costs but takes a while. The formula is thick, so I use it at night for supple skin while I sleep.
– Pixi Glow Tonic: I use Pixi Glow tonic instead of my P50 organic lotion during the day. I usually exchange this with the Tula pro-Glycolic Peel Resurfacing toner. The Pixi Glow Tonic formula contains 5% glycolic acid to gently exfoliate the skin. The 0.5oz bottle is perfect for two weeks of travel
– Needles Dr. Brandt No More No more Baggage: I usually bring this mini eye cream on trips to relieve your anti-puffiness, especially after an evening on the town with martinis.
– Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate Mini: I love using it all year round, but it’s a skin saver in the summer. This oil is not too heavy and makes my skin soft and fluffy when I wake up.
– Supergoop! Invisible sun protection SPF 40 broad spectrum: I never leave the house without SPF. This one is perfect for both face and body and the bottle is thin enough to fit in my bag for reapplication while you’re on the go.
– Cuyana Canvas Clutch: I own several Cuyana TRAVEL SETS, but this Canvas Clutch is a winner. It is roomy enough to fit all my mini products and sturdy enough to withstand constant travel.